I’m 30 later this year and while I’m unlikely to have visited 30 countries when I hit the milestone, I have already travelled to over 20 countries in my 20’s.
I’ve travelled with friends, family, boyfriends and strangers and had a pretty fantastic time doing it. Here is a random round up of 20 in vague order of first visit, including links where there is a blog post about them.
1. Fiji – Nadi, Suva and several Islands in the Mamanuka group.
2. Australia – Sydney and later in my 20’s I returned several times visiting Melbourne and the Gold Coast.
3. England – Living in London for 6 months and visiting Bath, Stonehenge, Cambridge and Manchester. Often on day trips.
4. Germany – Munich. I loved the Beer Gardens, the Hoffbrau House and Bretzels.
5. Austria – Innsbruck
6. Lichtenstein – a short stop on Contiki to have our passports stamped at the cute Tourist Office and gaze up at the castle.
7. France – Paris at age 24, Marsaille and Cannes later.
9. Switzerland – Lucerne and the alps
10. Samoa – both major islands
12. Scotland – Edinburgh
13. Ireland – Dublin plus a few day trips to see Cobh, Cork and more.
14. Wales – Cardiff, Anglesea and Bets-y-Coed
15. Croatia – Split
16. Belgium – Bruges and Antwerp
17. The Netherlands – Amsterdam
19. Spain – Barcelona, Majorca and Vallencia on a cruise
What’s your country count?